Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Vintage Dolls

A few weeks ago, my good friend Anne told me that she had been cleaning out her attic and had found lots of dolls from her childhood that she no longer wanted. Knowing my love of dolls, she very kindly told me I could have them because she just wanted them to go to a good home.  I couldn't believe it when she gave me the dolls a couple of weeks ago.  I expected to receive three or four dolls, there were actually sixteen of them in total.  

Anne told me that when she was a little girl her mother had a very good friend who didn't have any children of her own.  Her husband's job took them travelling quite a bit and every time she went away she would bring back a doll for Anne from wherever she had been.  Anne is over 20 years older than me so the dolls would be from the 1960's.  They have been wrapped in tissue and stored in her attic for many years, a bit sad and unloved. I've taken photographs of my favourites for you to see. 

Pacific Islands Doll (my favourite favourite)

I think you can guess this one is from Spain

Norway & Austria

Germany (my second favourite favourite)
I feel so lucky to have them and I've promised Anne I'll take good care of them.  

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what an amazing gift, especially if you collect them yourself. I love the last one, its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you lucky thing - what treasures! Can you photograph all of them?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some more photographs of them and I'll upload them to Flickr at some point. I just wanted to pick my favourites for the blog. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...