Pages

Thursday 28 June 2012

Scottish Deer Centre

My man and I had a rare weekday off together yesterday.  We decided to head to the Scottish Deer Centre near Cupar in Fife. I've been desperate to go there ever since I found out they have a wolf pack and a red fox.

It was a dull day but fortunately it stayed dry. I was delighted to discover that you can purchase a bag of deer food along with your ticket and actually hand feed some of the deer. I got to feed some beautiful and very friendly Sika & Fallow deer and watch the birds of prey demonstration where we joined at our table by a lovely Eagle Owl. The highlight of the day was the carnivore walk and talk where we got to see wolves, wildcats and foxes being fed. I found this all very exciting but unfortunately, no great pictures of the wolves to be had because they were behind two fences. I did manage to get some lovely pictures of the other animals and birds though.  There's a couple more on my Flickr page too.  Hope you like them!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...